Warning: setcookie() expects parameter 3 to be integer, array given in /web/htdocs/www.polispec.com/home/wp-content/plugins/uncode-privacy/includes/class-uncode-toolkit-privacy-public.php on line 99 Analytical tools for farmers: food management - Polispec
We have created Polispec NIR (Portable and On-LIne SPECtrophotometer), a compact spectrophotometer with an industrial design, designed and built both for portable use and for online installation. Its operation is based on the interaction of a light source with the molecules and with the chemical bonds that characterise the matrix to be analysed, thus performing both quantitative and qualitative measurements.
Polispec NIR is designed to ensure intensive use in all agricultural processes in which immediate and precise measures are required for the management of variables and for self-control systems.
INDICES OF HOMOGENEITY, OF SELECTION, OF DIGESTIBILITY
Analysis of the rationing process (monitoring from the mixer wagon to the feeding trough)
THE RATION IN
THE FEED TROUGH
Polispec NIR is used to measure the feeding behaviour of animals during the day, monitoring their aptitude for feed selection and helping to identify the reasons, in order to avoid costly waste and harmful inefficiencies
Polispec NIR can measure not only the nutrients contained in the ration but also their physical size. Through continuous monitoring of the mixing, it is therefore possible to compare the actual ration with the values provided by the recipe, to determine exactly when the mixing is completed and uniform and to monitor the homogeneity of the distribution of the TMR in the feed trough
Each animal in the herd must be able to receive the same, equally balanced ration (same quantity of protein, starch, NDF etc.) and throughout the entire breeding cycle. But the physical quality of the ration is also fundamental, because it allows them to chew correctly and, therefore, to achieve a correct digestibility of the ration
Polispec NIR measures the feeding behaviour of the herd by verifying whether effects resulting from the selection of some feed from the ration appear during the day at the expense of others. By comparing the “corridor side” with the “animal side” of the feed trough, it is possible to monitor the homogeneity of the TMR and the possible selection of feed ingredients in order to effectively control the absence of problems that would inevitably compromise the digestibility and feed efficiency of rations
Polispec NIR completes the supply chain, recovering significant data in the solid manure of animals to judge the healthiness, yield and above all the digestibility of the ingested ration
A single system for the control and feed management of the entire farm
CONTROL OF FODDER AND RAW MATERIALS
Polispec NIR is conceived and designed for the daily assessment of the nutritional quality of feed intended for rearing. With a simple gesture, it is possible to correct the dry matter of your rations, to assess the compliance of a purchased feed ingredients or to ensure the correct use of farm fodder.
ENSURING THE QUALITY OF THE FEEDING PROCESS
By applying the Polispec NIR sensor to the tub of the mixer wagon it is possible to monitor the rations daily, ensuring that they actually correspond to the nutritional needs set by the nutritionist, identifying and promptly correcting any unexpected variations and working so that each animal in the herd receives a balanced and homogeneous ration every day.
ENSURING THE ECONOMIC EFFICIENCY OF THE FARM
Polispec NIR is the ideal tool for analysing and determining the chemical composition and physical parameters of feeds and rations and their qualitative characteristics in the feed trough. But Polispec NIR is much more, it is in fact an excellent system for controlling effective feed efficiency: through the measurement of faeces it is finally possible to understand how much of the nutrients administered to animals are actually retained and used and how much are unnecessarily lost. Monitoring of these aspects can therefore be essential to safeguard production performance while containing farm costs.
It is the software that is used to archive, consult and monitor the progress of the preparations of the various recipes.
The simple and intuitive graphic interface is used to search by type of recipe and/or by period and to view the trends of the selected parameters on customisable graphs. It is therefore possible, for example, to check the consistency of homogeneity or the nutritional consistency of the ration on a monthly or weekly scale. If weights are available, it is also possible to monitor the real availability of dry matter per headbased on the precise measure of the distributed ration.
TMR Manager software can be installed on any computer with a Windows® 8 or 10 operating system.
It is the software for controlling the ration on the mixer wagon. Available for installation on all mixer wagons, both self-propelled and towed; depending on the level of integration of the machine, it can be integrated on the cabin console and interfaced with the weighing scale.
The software continuously measures the ration during the mixing phase and:
• Provides the nutritional data of the blend that are compared to those of the recipe (dry matter, protein, fibre and starch)
• It issues a warning when the homogeneity of the mixture is achieved, considering both the nutritional and physical parameters (average length of the particles and their distribution)
• After mixing is complete, save all this information for daily monitoring. Depending on the compatibility with the different weighing models, the weight data of each ingredient and the total mix can also be saved
POLISPEC NIR ANALYSIS PROCESS THROUGH poliTMR
It is our main software for portable use of Polispec instruments and offers an interface designed for use on both tablets and desktops. It is an application designed for control on touch devices and is particularly simple and intuitive to use.
It is available in several languages and its main features are:
– Analysis: by choosing a chemometric model, it is possible to analyse a product with different sampling methods (swiping on the product, multiple swiping, multi-point) designed to reduce the sampling error and to increase the representativeness of the analysis
– Qualitative indices: the software has innovative evaluation systems for:
– homogeneity and selection of rations for ruminants
– forecasting of the correct preservation of silage
– digestibility of rations
– Results: the analysis results are instantly visible and can be exported in various formats and saved in an archive
– Analysis reports: the analysis results can be exported to customised reports with your logo and company information. Additional parameters calculated on the results can be added to the report
– Sharing of results: results can be easily shared using a smartphone and sent via email and Whatsapp.
– Analysis archive: it is used to keep and consult the data generated and saved, to print reports and to compare analyses on the same type of product
– Instrument diagnostics: the software contains tools for instrument diagnostics and remote assistance
Supplied pre-installed on a touch tablet, the poliDATA software can be installed on any computer with a Windows® 8 or 10 operating system.
via Astico 39
36030 Fara Vicentino (VI) - Italia